Friday, July 20, 2012

One Year in a Nutshell - Part I

Its been too long since I've blogged! I want to get back into the habit. Since the last post, a lot has happened. I'll try to put the main events on here.

I'll have to start with Logan being born....
So, you know the old wives tale about caster oil starting labor, right? I had taken a tablespoon of caster oil earlier that day, hoping it would move things along....a home remedy to jumpstart labor. After a few hours I thought that it didn't work, or maybe I had not taken enough. I read that if your body is ready for labor, then it doesn't matter how little you take, it will work, but if you take to much you will get sick. So anyway, I was laying on the couch. Nathan and Ryan had gone to bed a few hours ago. Waylon was playing a video game. I fell asleep for about an hour, and woke up having painful contractions sometime after midnight. Within just a few minutes, they were getting very strong, and I felt as if they were pushing down very hard. I told Waylon let's go to the hospital! He has NEVER believed me when I said I was in labor. :D He told me to call the doctor and make sure, so I did. She said to come in. Nathan and Ryan's bags were already packed. I could tell we didn't have much time. We got the boys out of bed, called my friend Juana, dropped them off at her house, and headed to the hospital. I really worried that I would have the baby in the car. The contractions were so strong and so close together. But my water never broke. (Sorry if there are any guys reading...never read a blog about having a baby! :)) It was all a blur, but somehow I finally got to my room in the hospital. As soon as the doctor arrived, she broke my water, and with one excruciating push, Logan was born.

Logan Connor was born on July 30, 2011 at 3:02 a.m. weighing 8 lbs. and 13 oz.










No comments:

Post a Comment